[Lazarus] A few hacky patches (resent)

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri May 22 03:38:12 CEST 2009

Brad Campbell schrieb:

> I've looked into that in several places, but licensing becomes an issue.
> The LCL is LGPL with the exception clause, while the IDE seems to be
> generally GPL.

Software licenses apply to whatever is the subject of a specific license
contract. The contract can specify different license models for groups
of files, as can be seen in lazarus/COPYING.txt.

A source file can be licensed under multiple models, in different
license contracts. A source file without a license or copyright notice
is *not* in the public domain, it can *not* be used in any way without a
separate licencse agreement.

I see no problem with licensing e.g. the Find dialog under GPL when used
in building the IDE, and under LGPL when used in other applications as
part of the LCL.

DoDi