[Lazarus] data export components

Andrea Mauri andrea.mauri.75 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 17:55:03 CEST 2009

On 24/05/2009, Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl> wrote:
> The UNICODE_FSS charset is obsolete. You can still use it, though. But I
>  would simply use UTF-8.

OK, I recreated by database using UTF8 as the default character set.

>  Setting the character-set which should be used to communicate with the
>  server can be done with a TIBConnection parameter or the
>  TIBConnection.charset property.

I then tried to pass in parameters to the database connection to
specify UTF8 for the connection as well, but it seems TIBConnection
doesn't read its own Params property.

Params.Text = 'role=m2userrole;lc_ctype=UTF8'

I can't do the following:
  IBConnection.Role = '...'
  IBConnection.CharSet = '....'
because I don't have direct access to the database component (from my
application). I'm using tiOPF, and we normally pass such variables via
the Params property.

If I modify the SqlDB-firebird persistence layer to explicitly look
for ROLE and CHARSET (or LC_CTYPE) in the Params strings and then set
each property on the DB, then it works. But surely the IBConnection
component should check it's own Params property for such values?
Should I report this as a bug in SqlDB?

Regards,
  - Graeme -