[Lazarus] Unicode text stored in database

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 25 16:23:42 CEST 2009

On 25/05/2009, Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> I then tried to pass in parameters to the database connection to
>  specify UTF8 for the connection as well, but it seems TIBConnection
>  doesn't read its own Params property.

Here is a quick test I did with an one form LCL application.

  IBConnection1 := TIBConnection.Create(self);
  IBConnection1.DatabaseName := '/home/graemeg/programming/data/unicode.fdb';
  IBConnection1.HostName := 'localhost';
  //IBConnection1.CharSet := 'UTF8';
  //IBConnection1.UserName := 'sysdba';
  //IBConnection1.Password := 'masterkey';
  IBConnection1.Params.Text :=
'user_name=sysdba;password=masterkey;lc_ctype=UTF8';
  IBConnection1.Connected := True;

Using Params.Text to set the username, password and character set
doesn't work. As far as I know this is allowed in Kylix and Delphi.

Regards,
  - Graeme -