[Lazarus] Graphics unit and DLLs

matt shaffer dazappa.matt at gmail.com
Tue May 26 23:47:17 CEST 2009

Compiler options as in:Project -> Compiler options . But on second glance,
it doesn't appear that that would help anything.

Well what you suggested (Project inspector dependencies) seemed to work. It
recognized the graphics unit and let me have a tcanvas variable, and the
quick compile worked fine, but the build failed with:

project1.lpr(201,1) Error: Undefined symbol: WSRegisterCustomImageList
project1.lpr(201,1) Error: Undefined symbol: WSRegisterMenuItem
project1.lpr(201,1) Error: Undefined symbol: WSRegisterMenu
project1.lpr(201,1) Error: Undefined symbol: WSRegisterMainMenu
project1.lpr(201,1) Error: Undefined symbol: WSRegisterPopupMenu
project1.lpr(201,1) Error: Undefined symbol: WSRegisterDragImageList
project1.lpr(201,1) Error: Undefined symbol: WSRegisterControl
project1.lpr(201,1) Error: Undefined symbol: WSRegisterWinControl
project1.lpr(201,1) Error: Undefined symbol: WSRegisterGraphicControl
project1.lpr(201,1) Error: Undefined symbol: WSRegisterCustomControl
project1.lpr(201,1) Error: Undefined symbol: WSRegisterScrollingWinControl
project1.lpr(201,1) Error: Undefined symbol: WSRegisterScrollBox
project1.lpr(201,1) Error: Undefined symbol: WSRegisterCustomFrame
project1.lpr(201,1) Error: Undefined symbol: WSRegisterCustomForm
project1.lpr(201,1) Error: Undefined symbol: WSRegisterHintWindow
project1.lpr(201,1) Fatal: There were 15 errors compiling module, stopping

Line 201 is the end of the file "end."

My memory just caught up with me actually: Haven't others discussed how the
LCL doesn't work in DLLs? I'm sure they have, and that's what I seem to be
trying to do (even if it's just one lowly tcanvas), so I guess it's doomed
for failure.