[Lazarus] Visual database design software

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Thu May 28 21:32:21 CEST 2009

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> On Thu, 28 May 2009, Lee Jenkins wrote:
>
>> Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have been using Dezign for Database v2.5.2 for years, but it's
>>> getting a bit dated now. I know newer versions exist, but it's rather
>>> expensive.
>>>
>>>   http://opensoft.homeip.net/~graemeg/dezign_for_databases.png
>>>

>> I use IBExpert personal edition.  Bar none the best Firebird Admin
>> tool available, IMO.
>
> Except if you have large databases (lots of tables and other objects, think
> order of magnitude 1500), it's GUI is totally unworkable then :(

Interesting.  I've never used IBExpert much any serious querying so I have never
experienced that but I'll look out for it, thanks.  I just use it primarily for
development.

For querying the database ad hoc, been preferring to use flamerobin which is
very fast and limits a lot of the gui stuff from what I can tell and it's
getting better (functionality) to the point where I'll probably switch to it
exclusively before too long.

Graeme: Its cross platform as well.  But again, its firebird only obviously.

http://www.flamerobin.org/

--
Warm Regards,

Lee