[Lazarus] region [elastic tabs [Re: Auto indentation]]

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at mastermaths.co.za
Fri Nov 6 08:59:31 CET 2009

Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Martin schrieb:
>
>> For section heading {%region} {%endregion} is usefull => since it allows
>> folding
>
> Such verbose formatting is unusable, for several reasons:

I disagree... If the editor doesn't support it, it is simply two extra
comments that will be ignore.

Also for Form Designers like the one in fpGUI Toolkit, where it writes
the form layout and design INSIDE the .pas file, the custom folding is
very handy, because it hides the code parts that are normally not
maintained by users.

The option of folding on {%region} tags is also user selectable, so if
you don't like folding, simple don't enable it.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/