[Lazarus] Delphi editor clone

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl
Fri Nov 6 09:32:16 CET 2009

Hans-Peter Diettrich schreef:
> Martin schrieb:
>
>> All fine and good. But it doesn't help, unless you convince the fpc
>> developers.
>
> Right :-(

Little chance, because they made this change on purpose:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User_Changes_2.4.0#Treating_direct-mapped_properties_as_regular_fields

>> Eventually the new Version of FPC will be used, and eventually all
>> code has to be able to be compiled with it....
>
> I have several suggestions:
>
> - apply the new rules only in $mode Delphi

The reason for the change was better following the object pascal language: the use
of properties should not depend on the way they are implemented. This is not a
Delphi only choice.

> - use an (global) switch to treat Inc/Dec as macros or operators
> - introduce new Incr/Decr macros, to reduce required editing of legacy code
>

> I'll have to get a SVN version of fpc, before I can start fixing my code...
> And if so, I only will replace Inc/Dec by my added Incr/Decr macros. You
> can do so yourself, already. Feel free to update my code accordingly :-)

You need to update your compiler version anyway, if you want to start implementing
macros with parameters. ;-)

Vincent