[Lazarus] THelpEvent declaration discussion

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Nov 6 10:52:12 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 11:36:54AM +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Mattias G??rtner wrote:
> >
> > Lazarus type signature: THelpEvent = function(Command: Word; Data:
> > PtrInt; var CallHelp: Boolean): Boolean of object;
> >
> > Where Data is PHelpInfo. It is used by the widgetsets.
>
> And which seems the same as FPC's THelpEvent, except for the type of the
> Data parameter. And any average Joe will know that Data means
> PHelpInfo??? I don't think so. Not even the RTL or LCL help mentions
> that - see links below.

Problem is that CHM can emulate .hlp basic topic retrieval, and that's
probably why Delphi left it the same. I don't know what helptype K3 used.

But what I do not understand is why you need this identifier to change at
all? Let it be there, all nice and Delphi compatible, and define your own
for your own systems.