[Lazarus] region [elastic tabs [Re: Auto indentation]]

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Nov 6 15:17:48 CET 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:

>>> For section heading {%region} {%endregion} is usefull => since it allows
>>> folding
>> Such verbose formatting is unusable, for several reasons:
>
> I disagree... If the editor doesn't support it, it is simply two extra
> comments that will be ignore.

The eye of the reader doesn't easily ignore such comments :-(

> Also for Form Designers like the one in fpGUI Toolkit, where it writes
> the form layout and design INSIDE the .pas file, the custom folding is
> very handy, because it hides the code parts that are normally not
> maintained by users.

This again requires an editor that implements folding, and that hides
the marked sections by default. I don't trust such defaults :-(

Also I'd put auto-generated parts into include files, a much simpler and
safer separation from the user viewpoint.

DoDi