[Lazarus] Delphi editor clone

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Nov 6 16:45:42 CET 2009

Martin schrieb:

>> Can't you configure Lazarus to use the old fpc compiler?
> this mail wasn't about my problem, but rather about giving you the info.

Thanks, I assumed that you cannot run the program at all.

> BTW fpc may be right about it, and even if inc/dec was a build in
> magical thing...
>
> dec(DragTarget.Left, w);
>
> Where "DragTarget" is a property

DragTarget evaluates to an object, that can be modified without
barreers. The dirty part, in all situations, is the very last (here:
.Left) property, that must be read AND written by Inc.

>>> do you think it will be fixed before release?
>> I'll have to get a SVN version of fpc, before I can start fixing my
>> code...
> Actually my question was meant different and ironical: Your mail sounded
> like you blame it on fpc. So i mean "Do you think fpc will be fixed
> (changed back)"

Aha!

> Since we both know the answer to that isn't going to be yes => I did
> assume that the answer related to your code would be "yes"

Question is, what's a "release" version of a sample project. There are
more important things in the code, and in the LCL, that *really* deserve
updates.

So I could return the question: will the LCL be fixed before release?

When somebody acknowledges that the found issues are LCL bugs that
cannot be fixed on-the-fly, I'll create according bug reports.

DoDi