[Lazarus] Delphi editor clone

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Nov 6 17:42:23 CET 2009

Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Martin schrieb:
>
>>> Can't you configure Lazarus to use the old fpc compiler?
>> this mail wasn't about my problem, but rather about giving you the info.
>
> Thanks, I assumed that you cannot run the program at all.
>

>> BTW fpc may be right about it, and even if inc/dec was a build in
>> magical thing...
>>
>> dec(DragTarget.Left, w);
>>
>> Where "DragTarget" is a property
>
> DragTarget evaluates to an object, that can be modified without
> barreers. The dirty part, in all situations, is the very last (here:
> .Left) property, that must be read AND written by Inc.
Actually "left" is  a property.

Wich means it is handled as a funtion result (because the getter can
chamge at anytime)
Txxx = class
  function GetLeft;
 property Left read getLeft;
end;

inc(xxx.left);

The inc in this case can not work.

>>> I'll have to get a SVN version of fpc, before I can start fixing my
>>> code...
>> Actually my question was meant different and ironical: Your mail
>> sounded like you blame it on fpc. So i mean "Do you think fpc will be
>> fixed (changed back)"
> do you think it will be fixed before release?
>
> Aha!
>
>> Since we both know the answer to that isn't going to be yes => I did
>> assume that the answer related to your code would be "yes"
>
> Question is, what's a "release" version of a sample project. There are
> more important things in the code, and in the LCL, that *really*
> deserve updates.
release never referred to your project.

"do you think fpc will be fixed (before the fpc 2.4.0 release)"
And that is not really a question: fpc will not be "fixed" (changed back)

Besides "fixed" is the wrong word to, because it is the intended
behaviour, so it is not broken.