[Lazarus] region [elastic tabs [Re: Auto indentation]]

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Nov 6 17:36:12 CET 2009

Hans-Peter Diettrich schrieb:

>>> Such verbose formatting is unusable, for several reasons:
>>
>> I disagree... If the editor doesn't support it, it is simply two extra
>> comments that will be ignore.

I forgot to mention:

Section breaks can be implemented using tabs as well, with VT instead of HT.

There exist more control codes that can be used for various
formatting/folding purposes. A closer look at the ASCII table reveals:
   VT: vertical tab, usable for sections
   SI, SO: shift in/out, could be used for folding or regions
   GS, RS, US: group/record/unit separators, usable for table formatting

DoDi