[Lazarus] Gecko on lazarus

Hess, Philip J pjhess at purdue.edu
Sat Nov 7 00:34:11 CET 2009

Exactly. Gecko can also do JavaScript. In fact, I was able to run an ExtPascal app in a TGeckoBrowser component. Think about the possibilities that opens up.

Gecko is the real deal and I'm quite impressed by what Takanori has done.

As an alternative to having the user install Firefox, you can also just have the user install/unzip one of these:

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/xulrunner/releases/1.9.1.4/runtimes/

The one issue, and it's a big one, is that Gecko won't work on OS X with Lazarus since it's still on Carbon. And the Cocoa widgetset is only a prototype at this point (TForm, TButton).

Thanks.

-Phil