[Lazarus] Passing properties as var paramatars (was: Delphi editor clone)

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 04:44:39 CET 2009

Heh, amazing!

> It was an uninitialized function result, fixed today.
> Can you test with lazarus from svn and see if this bug is fixed?
>
> Mattias

My first commit to Lazarus is already solving dire problems of other people.
:-)

I am planning to look at the converter code more because it outputs too many
messages and dialogs to the user.
For example LCL package must always be added to dependencies. No need to ask
about it.
Same thing when removing Windows unit dependency. It is done anyway so why to
show a dialog? Actually all unit dependency removal could be done silently and
automatically. There could be just a comment added to the source file telling
about commented-out unit names.

Then I had pascal file with a syntax error. The converter gave an error
messagebox which is ok but then it gave more messageboxes, maybe 6 or so.

These messages are ok if you convert one unit but a big project is a different
thing.

Regards,
Juha Manninen

---

P.S.

Maybe little off-topic, but function ReadDelphiPackageConfigFiles still has
the same problem as ReadDelphiProjectConfigFiles had. Are you planning to fix
it or should I send more patches?

Also I am wondering about many functions returning ALWAYS mrOk and then those
return values are tested elsewhere. It is quite useless.