[Lazarus] white flash when opening new unit while debugging

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Nov 7 15:27:37 CET 2009

David Emerson wrote:
> Thanks for the tip, Martin!
>
> I did file a bug report.
>
> I checked out the svn (actually used Graeme's git repo) made the change,
> compiled, and ran, and it seems not to have had any effect.
>
> (Since it was my first time, I played around and verified that my
> changes were actually being incorporated.)
>
> I also tried changing the default value where the property is declared,
> to no avail.

In that case it is probably the underlying page of the notebook, that is
displayed to you. (and which happens to be white too).
I have to investigate at some time.

I know those things (various drawing/display effects) happen when the
debugger is active. I assume this to be, because the debugger does calls
to Application.ProcessMessages (which is required). That means that
paint events come in early.

Sorry no quick fix then.

Martin