[Lazarus] Debug Lazarus source

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Nov 7 15:35:19 CET 2009

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 14:48:59 +0100
Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:

> Mattias Gaertner schrieb:
>[...]
> >> It still does not recompile LCL, Synedit, CodeTools and IDEIntf on
> >> change, does it? Don't you think it will confuse users, who think
> >> to have made a change in one of those package, but don't see the
> >> change in the IDE?
> >
> > That's the same for every project.
> > I can't stop users thinking.
>
> Wouldn't it force a rebuild of the LCL etc., when only the packages
> are added to the project requirements?

No.
LCL, Synedit, CodeTools and IDEIntf are still special built in packages.
Not much is missing to make codetools, IDEIntf and synedit normal
packages.
The LCL needs the whole build modes.

> Just a suggestion: can you provide a second lazarus-test project,
> that will not overwrite or otherwise affect the rebuild of the
> working version? Then every interested user can play with *that*
> project, and still can rebuild Lazarus using the normal procedures.

We have already a second place for the rebuilt IDE. It already confuses
users.
But there is a simple solution, that works since 10 years: keep
a backup of a good lazarus executable.

Mattias