[Lazarus] Using WineLib with FreePascal or Lazarus?

Razvan Adrian Bogdan lightningflash at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 20:01:01 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho <
felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:

> I did a quick reading in the wine website and it seams that winelib is
> designed to allow compiling applications in UNIX. Therefore I would
> expect that you build your application targeting linux, for example,
> but you ifdef out the Windows unit from the uses clause and adds a
> wine equivalent unit which would call the winelib shared object.

WineLib replaces Windows system libs but also allows linking third party
windows libs in a unix app.
At some point they even allowed using a native windows ntfs driver in Linux
the same way ReactOS could use, Wine and ReactOS share parts of code.

So to make this work you need to convert the headers for this winelib
> to Pascal, which AFAIK isn't done yet. Converting C headers is easy,
> and you can limit yourself to the routines you use, so it should be
> easy, although time consuming.

I'm not sure if static dll linking is possible under Linux if Wine is
installed or Wine has dynamic linking but i think static linking should be
possible too.

Razvan