[Lazarus] "Error reading coff file" under Windows

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at mastermaths.co.za
Tue Nov 10 09:48:39 CET 2009

Mattias Gärtner wrote:
> You have a custom set of platforms (values: x11, gdi). Just like the
> LCL widgetset.
> At the moment the LCL widgetset is hard coded into the IDE and
> packages can not yet define their own 'platforms' (they will be called
> build variables).

Ah, so I wasn't simply overlooking some IDE feature. :)

What is the CodeTools Defines Editor dialog used for? I don't seem to be
allowed to edit anything in there, even though the dialog title says
"editor".  See attached image.  I thought maybe I could define some
macro or something in there, but like I said - no luck trying.

> Using two different lpk is a good solution.

I also created a linux/windows build script and a fpmake.pp unit to
compile fpGUI from the command line. This often makes it a bit easier to
switch targets (compared to the current IDE) - like in the case of
cross-compiling. But then again, this doesn't happen to often in my case.

> speedbutton and/or menu item to switch between the packages. If they
> have both the same name, a simple open package should be enough.

I was wondering what would happen if I opened the Windows .lpk while
under Linux. :-)  But then I thought I better not try, because it might
break something or change paths etc.... I'll give this a go, and can
always revert changes using my repository tools.

> You can use the macro $(FPCVer) in the FPC source path of lazarus.

I already do for standard FPC builds, but wasn't sure if the
cross-compiler (ppcross386) is going to play along. I'll experiment some
more.

>> I suppose if the IDE supported Build Modes like MSEide, this would have
>> made things much simpler. Simply select Run and then any of the build
>> modes you setup in the menu.
>
> Yes, this planned.
> I already started the internals. Maybe 50% already works.

That's excellent news! :)

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/