[Lazarus] Cross-compiling Linux project to Windows from inside IDE

Mattias Gärtner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Nov 9 15:35:30 CET 2009

Zitat von Graeme Geldenhuys <graeme at mastermaths.co.za>:

> [...]
> What is the CodeTools Defines Editor dialog used for? I don't seem to be
> allowed to edit anything in there, even though the dialog title says
> "editor".  See attached image.  I thought maybe I could define some
> macro or something in there, but like I said - no luck trying.

It shows, what the IDE sets up behind the scenes. Just like the IDE is
a frontend for gdb and fpc, it is also a front end for the codetools.
For example if you have Delphi you can add defines for the Delphi
sources, so you can browse them.

> [...]
>> speedbutton and/or menu item to switch between the packages. If they
>> have both the same name, a simple open package should be enough.
>
> I was wondering what would happen if I opened the Windows .lpk while
> under Linux. :-)  But then I thought I better not try, because it might
> break something or change paths etc.... I'll give this a go, and can
> always revert changes using my repository tools.

It will load the windows lpk. Opening a package does not change any
file (except for the IDE history lists). Of course some macro values
will change like unit paths and include paths.

Mattias