[Lazarus] Application minimize/restore

Juha Manninen juha.manninen at phnet.fi
Wed Nov 11 11:51:06 CET 2009

On keskiviikko, 11. marraskuuta 2009 11:22:56 Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> I'm tired of restoring every single window manually, after minimizing
> Lazarus on my Linux system. Today I found an workaround, and uploaded an
> patch #15055.
>
> If somebody feels the same woes, please try my patch and report any
> problems or suggestions.
>
> I already entered a similar solution some time ago, but it obviously
> didn't find its way into the LCL. The subject seems to be related to
> window managers, e.g. it does not apply to Win32 applications. It would
> be nice if somebody could make work the Application.OnMinimize handler,
> that is never invoked on my system, and could make the taskbar (entries)
> behave as intended...

Sorry but where in Lazarus code should I place the MiniRestore call?
Could you please make a patch (diff) for it.

Now I noticed a new bug in latest SVN version. The editor tabs can't be
changed by clicking them. I think it could be done once after opening Lazarus
but then not any more.
It can still be changed by clicking the file in Project Inspector.

Juha Manninen