[Lazarus] QT binding works!

Juha Manninen juha.manninen at phnet.fi
Thu Nov 12 17:50:43 CET 2009

Marco van de Voort wrote:

> It has only been replaced in Visual Studio and e.g. Delphi. The average app
> doesn't (and can't) use MSHELP2, since it needs the MS SDK to be installed.

Visual Studio and Office as for as I know (but then I don't use Windows
so don't quote me on this). Also, Microsoft loves to use VS and Office
as a launch pad for new features and then later become standard in
Windows. So I'm pretty sure MSHelp2 or 3 will be the next help format
for Windows.

> If there is a format problem, it is that it is an archive, just like ZIP is.
> You can stuff anything in it, and if you can get the viewer to interpret it,
> you can instrument it.

You did note the simley face, right? But yes I agree, CHM is just some
glorified archive.

Anyway, what really annoys me is that now even Google's Gmail considers
CHM an executable. (Maybe because of IE bugs and that JavaScript is
allowed inside CHM content). You cannot attach a CHM in Gmail, just like
you cannot attached a .EXE in Gmail. F**ken annoying!!! There are much
better ways to curb viruses from spreading that limiting the user to
what attachments they may or may not use in emails.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/