[Lazarus] Lazarus Goal

dmitry boyarintsev skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 21:48:47 CET 2009

2009/11/12 Brian Prentice <bprentice at webenet.net>:
> There is one issue which is pertinent to this topic though.
> http://linuxenvy.com/bprentice/Lazarus/OSX.jpg
> and
> http://linuxenvy.com/bprentice/Lazarus/WindowsXP.jpg
> show the Selection Control Dialog displayed on each operating system.  I
> would be interested in your opinion on the differences.

1. Most of OSX controls are using transperancy (i.e. panel or group
box). These designer "double dots" are caused by this.
The IDE designer always draw grid dots (based on controls client
rectangle). Since control is transperent you can see dots drawn on its
parent.

May be it looks strange, but It doesn't hurt the development. Tthe
final application would not have this grid dots.

2. Font size is different for both system.
There's no proper "aligner" developed for the IDE or LCL, to align
controls properly. So the inteface would look like a candy. In my apps
i'm doing this re-aligment manually on the application start.

Is there anything else, i've missed in these screenshots?

Don't hesitate to ask any questions about Lazarus and LCL here or on
the forum, especially regarding cross-platform issues.
Other developers might find your experience useful.

thanks,
dmitry