[Lazarus] QT binding works!

Juha Manninen juha.manninen at phnet.fi
Thu Nov 12 22:21:59 CET 2009

On torstai, 12. marraskuuta 2009 21:05:19 David Emerson wrote:
> Juha Manninen wrote:
> > I compiled the whole Lazarus to use QT widgets and it works! Yes.
>
> I've been wanting to do the same, though I failed at my previous
> attempt. What did you do to make it work? Are there guidelines
> somewhere? What versions are you using?

I am using the latest development version from SVN.

First I built just LCL and tested with my own program:

In Tools -> Configure "Build Lazarus" -> "Quick Build Options" tab
I selected "Build LCL" and Target = "qt (beta)".
In "Advanced Build Options" tab the settings changed accordingly.
Then "Build" and Lazarus restarts itself.
In my test project's Compiler Options -> Paths I set "LCL Widget Type" as "qt
(beta)".

Then later I built the whole Lazarus:

In Tools -> Configure "Build Lazarus" -> Quick Build Options tab
I selected "Build All" and IDE =  "qt (beta)".
In "Advanced Build Options" tab I selected not to build Examples.
"With Packages" is selected already but I also selected "Clean all" to be
sure.
I also have Options: "-O2 -g- -Xs"
to optimize and strip debug info but it should work also without optimizing.
Then just build. Lazarus opens with QT widgets and everything works!

I guess it would work also in one compilation but I did it in 2 phases.

I highly recommend QT widgets especially if you use KDE.

Regards
Juha Manninen