[Lazarus] cross platform [Re: Lazarus Goal]

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at mastermaths.co.za
Fri Nov 13 09:18:55 CET 2009

David Emerson wrote:
> * almost any antivirus / antispyware program

:-)  Now that's a good example of awful UI design!  I wonder if they
actually employee UI designers to purposefully screw the living crap out
of their products UI to make cleaning your Windows PC from viruses any
harder.

> The best broad example I can think of that may be in agreement with what
> you're suggesting is SymphonyOS and the Mezzo ui.

OK, based on your examples, I probably had to be a lot more clearer
about what I meant. I did not mean, radical changes to UI, I simply
meant the idea of having a Button or ComboBox in a UI that maybe doesn'
look 100% like the native one, but for all intense purposes does the
same think as the native Button or Combobox. Even thought it might look
slightly different (or un-themed).

This is what we are doing with fpGUI in our products. The look and feel
of our applications are consistent on each platform. But it might not
look identical to the native widgets of that platform. But clicking a
button or selecting a menu item from the main menu back is exactly the
same process in fpGUI applications as they are with native applications.

So in such a case, the average user has no problem in using our fpGUI
based applications.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/