[Lazarus] Forms, Project Subversion, Windows 7

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Nov 13 20:02:23 CET 2009

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 12:24:08 -0600
Andrew Brunner <andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just encountered the most strangest problem.  I've got a situation
> where form changes I make in the IDE do not effect the form in the
> actual exe.  I didn't have this problem on Linux. I just noticed this
> problem when I created an SVN (subversion ubuntu x64) repository for
> my project.  Once that was accomplished I went to my windows 7 box
> installed FPC bin and checked out FPC /Lazarus from svn.  Then I built
> both FPC and Lazarus.  Then I checked out a copy of my Project onto my
> Windows box.  The next part is proably the source of the problem...
>
> I took the existing project files and moved them to 4 different
> locations... One location per flavor of WIndows and Linux... X64 or
> 32.  And I wanted to have seperate project files for each special
> build.  Which gave me some problems but I did get my Project to build
> on Windows (for a first time as native FPC/Lazarus code).

Do you have four different folder and each contains the whole project,
or do you share some files?

> I need to know where in the world is Lazarus/FPC keeping that stale
> form file?

It uses the .lrs files, which are normal include files.
The IDE automatically updates the .lrs files when you save a designed
form and before compilation it updates all units shown in the project
inspector.

> the form name is frmLogin.pas with resource and form files
> too.  What is causing FPC to drop changes?  Does this have anything to
> do with WIndows 7 since I created a Windows 7 "library" and added my
> localized FPC/Lazarus/Project Source checked out from their
> repositories.  What could possibly cause the symtom of not displaying
> a button I placed on a form and re-built... Only to see a version of
> the form that was there in the first place?

Either an old lrs file or a resource with the same name exists twice.
The 0.9.29 lcl reports duplicates at the console. I don't know if this
is in 0.9.28.
Or you have an absolute search path in the compiler options and all
four use the same.
You can delete the .lrs files and rebuild the project. The IDE should
auto create the lrs files from the lfm files.

> Did a find files and deleted all object files for frmLogin I found....
>  Anything else I can try?

Mattias