[Lazarus] gdk_pixbuf

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Sun Nov 15 21:46:57 CET 2009

Juha Manninen wrote:
> I managed to compile it finally. I had to make the sym-links you mentioned and
> then some more:
>
>   ln -s libgobject-2.0.so.0    libgobject-2.0.so
>   ln -s libglib-2.0.so.0    libglib-2.0.so
>   ln -s libgthread-2.0.so.0    libgthread-2.0.so
>   ln -s libgmodule-2.0.so.0    libgmodule-2.0.so
>   ln -s libcairo.so.2      libcairo.so
>
> Someone should fix this issue. Is it a Mandrive / OpenSuse issue or FPC issue,
> I don't know?

i would say that it is a Mandrive / OpenSuse issue because most every other *nix
out there doesn't have trailing numbers after the .so extention... at least not
in my experience with some 10+ flavors over the last years...

yes, perhaps the FPC and/or Lazarus installer can determine the OS it is being
installed on and it can create these links as necessary? that may require root
access, though... some may not want to provide that... especially if it is an
install for only one user...