[Lazarus] Lazarus 0.9.28.2 released

Vincent Snijders vincent.snijders at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 11:38:43 CET 2009

2009/11/16 Graeme Geldenhuys <graeme at mastermaths.co.za>:
> Vincent Snijders wrote:
>>
>> I am interested to hear how long it takes/took to merge this weeks
>> changes. I think in the end automating a bit is worth the effort, unless
>> you can merge the current batch in less than 5 minutes.
>
> :-) It was a rather large merge this week. It took me 12 minutes - but I
> haven't had my first cup of coffee yet. ;-)

Ok. That seems doable for now. It took you less time than me. :-)

> The longest part of the merge is simply copy and pasting the merge svn
> revision numbers into gitk so I can search for the git commit revision
> (SHA1). Then it's simply a right click and selecting "cherry-pick".
>
> I guess I could put a quick script together to automate the above. But
> normally the merges to fixes branch is small, so I don't mind the few
> minutes it takes (once a week).
>

> Where do you find what revisions must be merged into fixes branch?

I use svnmerge.py avail.

An other version of the output of svnmerge.py avail -log can be seen on:
http://www.freepascal.org/~vincents/avail.log

I have written (or am writing) an application to identify which
revisions change the same files, so I can group them together in one
merge.

Currently there are about 840 revisions to be merged.

Vincent