[Lazarus] DCPCrypt is updated. Now what?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 11:53:05 CET 2009

2009/11/16 Vincent Snijders <vincent.snijders at gmail.com>:

>>> * Simply email a new source archive so it can be made available
>>>  for download from Lazarus CCR on SourceForge
>
> That too.

As an intermediate solution, can I send you the archive in private?
Making the latest fixes available as download on CCR should suffice
until we know the final resting place of DCPCrypt.

>>> * Possibly convince somebody to add it to Lazarus repository like
>>>  what was done with Turbo Power IPPro, AggPas etc.?
>
> All these components have in common that they are used or will be used
> by Lazarus or the LCL itself.

That was my guess. So I agree that Lazarus repository should not be
the host for DCPCrypt.

> If it is not added to fpc SVN, I propose to add it to Lazarus CCR svn.

How maintains or has write access to that repository? Also, if it goes
there, where does one send any future patches to? This mailing list,
or the forums on SourceForge or somewhere else?

>>> Any suggestions on what I should do with DCPCrypt and my fixes?
>>
>> If DPCrypt's license matches the FCL one, I see no reason not to
>> include it.
>
> Adding to the FCL is the best option. What is the license, Graeme?

That would be my first choice too, considering that FCL already
contains SHA1, Base64 and Blowfish implementations. All things that
are included in DCPCrypt too. The license is MIT/BSD license without
advocacy clause. So it should be fine for FCL inclusion.

  - Graeme -