[Lazarus] Lazarus 0.9.28.2 released

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 12:44:36 CET 2009

2009/11/16 Vincent Snijders <vincent.snijders at gmail.com>:

> Ok. That seems doable for now. It took you less time than me. :-)

Good to know. :)

> I have written (or am writing) an application to identify which
> revisions change the same files, so I can group them together in one
> merge.

What if a revision changed more that one file (which happens often)?
Wouldn't that cause problems.  Also how would that affect me?  I use
Cherry-pick, which simply applies the original commit to the fixes
branch. This allows git users to see where the original commit came
from - full history of changes are kept.

Rolling various commits from trunk into a single commit will loose
that history? That is why I don't use the standard automated branch
tracking in Git for the fixes branch. I use the commit log
descriptions in fixes branch to see what the original commit in trunk
was, and cherry-pick that original commit.

Not knowing exactly what you application does, but wouldn't that
interfere with the commit log descriptions?

> Currently there are about 840 revisions to be merged.

Normally I would say: Damn, rather you that me.  But in this case, we
both do the work. :-)

  - Graeme -