[Lazarus] LibUSB problem

Marko Medic medamarko at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 10:37:12 CET 2009

I think I posted about this about 4 or 5 months ago and I think someone
applied a patch, but it seems this bug is back.

When 1 bitmap which is say 24bit, is assigned to another bitmap which is
say 32bit, the second bitmap seems to preserve its 32bitness, when it
should not, because an assign has taken place.

The following example illustrates the issue...

var
  thebitmap : TBitmap;
  undoimg : TBitmap;
begin
  thebitmap := TBitmap.Create;
  thebitmap.PixelFormat := pf24bit; // definitely 24bit

  undoimg := TBitmap.Create; // default bit depth

  undoimg.Assign(thebitmap);

  //undoimg is now not 24bit! it is whatever the default is when a new
Bitmap is constructed.
end;

I can submit this as another bug report, if necessary.

This was tested in Mac OS X 10.5.8, using Lazarus revision 22631.

Thanks,

Dominique.