[Lazarus] Strings

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Nov 17 19:12:38 CET 2009

Mattias Gärtner wrote:

> Lazarus in total is worth 45mio dollar and requires 68 developers.

I think your hidden '.svn' directories are causing the program to give
incorrect results - counting duplicate pas files or something.

I ran it against my git mirror of Lazarus (which contains no .svn
directories) and is up to date with latest SubVersion revision.

----------------------
Total Physical Source Lines of Code (SLOC)                = 964,104
Development Effort Estimate, Person-Years (Person-Months) = 271.87
(3,262.43)
 (Basic COCOMO model, Person-Months = 2.4 * (KSLOC**1.05))
Schedule Estimate, Years (Months)                         = 4.51 (54.09)
 (Basic COCOMO model, Months = 2.5 * (person-months**0.38))
Estimated Average Number of Developers (Effort/Schedule)  = 60.32
Total Estimated Cost to Develop                           = $ 36,725,837

Still not bad! Almost a million lines of code. :)  You guys deserve a
pat on the back.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/