[Lazarus] Form Resource Files

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 14:19:45 CET 2009

The form units are not listed in the path but are used by other units
somewhere down the line in the dependencies.  I don't want to have to
add the forms to the project. I don't see a point in adding forms that
have no form variable to the project either.  I often delete the form
variable because I know the application will never have to create it.
Rather instances are created on the fly.

If I have to add the form units of course I can - but I think I would
consider this a flaw.  IMO - Lazarus should create the resource file
if it needs to.  I notice that (at least as far as I can tell) the
resource files are being created in the build output folder and not in
the same location ans the form file.

But thanks for the work-around to the issue.  Do you think I should
still submit it or was this design intentional due to complexities?