[Lazarus] David I in Brazil: Delphi will have MacOS and Linux versions in 2010

Alexsander Rosa alexsander.rosa at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 14:18:38 CET 2009

I want to EnumerateFiles, that is, create a list of files that match a
wildcard, on a drive or branch of it.  I can do that fairly easily with
code I've already got.  It works reliably in most cases.

The exception cases are when Windows has had some form of restriction
applied using its ACL security feature.  The EnumerateFiles procedure
uses FindFirst, FindNext and FindClose and can access the file
attributes of the file/directory that it comes across.  The mere file
attributes don't return enough information about the accessibility of a
given directory for me to avoid trying to change to it when I'm not
permitted by its ACL settings.

How can I obtain the ACL properties of a given file/directory so that I
can be more fully informed?

Stu Cox
stuart.cox at gov.bc.ca