[Lazarus] What's the hold-up with Lazarus v1.0?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 16:30:19 CET 2009

2009/11/28 Paul Ishenin <webpirat at mail.ru>:
>> So what exactly is the Lazarus team afraid of in getting to v1.0?
>
> Bugs in the tracker.

Well Paul, even if you were at v11 you would still have bugs. Where is
Delphi at the moment v12, v13? And still there are many bugs.

There is NO software without bugs. I think version numbers should
rather reflect features, and Lazarus sure has plenty of those to boast
about!

> Maybe the next version will be 1.0 rc1 instead of 0.9.30

That would be great - plus it would stop those idiotic posts. If one
those users bothered to try Lazarus. I'm pretty sure they will once it
hit the v1 mark.

Also seeing that Delphi will soon (two or so years) have a Linux and
Mac version, Lazarus should try and grap as much of the market share
as they can. Currently cross-platform development is one of FPC and
Lazarus's biggest strengths - so play towards those strengths while
they last, and you guys have the upper hand against Delphi an that
ground (for the next two plus years at least)

  - Graeme -