[Lazarus] Bordericons property

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Nov 28 21:44:18 CET 2009

2009/11/28 Michael Schneider <micsch at gmail.com>:
> (btw the KDE Versions are tied to the Qt releases 3.x,4.x)

I don't know the KDE development model much, I just know Qt 4 was out
long before KDE 4 came to market. But that's not the point. None of
the highly visible and used software seem to stay and pre-v1 for long
- they know how people think, and post-v1 simple tells them
"stability". Irrespective if that is true or not - it's a
psychological thing I guess.

I'm just sick of reading posts about Lazarus being pre-v1, and "beta"
in the title! That just spells disaster for all wannabee Lazarus
users, so they rather opt for something else.

Another example: MonoDevelop
Lazarus is a lot older than MonoDevelop, yet MonoDevelop sits at v2.0
and NO mention of "beta" in the title.

It's all about marketing what you have and not having any negative
connotations. Lazarus doesn't seem to play to it's own strengths. For
starters, move to v1 and please remove "beta" from the title.

  - Graeme -