[Lazarus] What's the hold-up with Lazarus v1.0?

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl
Sat Nov 28 18:56:06 CET 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys schreef:
> 2009/11/28 Paul Ishenin <webpirat at mail.ru>:
>>> So what exactly is the Lazarus team afraid of in getting to v1.0?
>> Bugs in the tracker.
>
> Well Paul, even if you were at v11 you would still have bugs. Where is
> Delphi at the moment v12, v13? And still there are many bugs.

Yes, Delphi has time based releases, Lazarus tries to make the release
based on complete feature, without feeling a need to make 1.0, just
because a couple of months (or years) have passed and a dead line is
nearing.

As far as I am concerned, if all issues with target version 1.0 are
fixed, we are ready. Most work is for the gtk2 people though.

Vincent