[Lazarus] Release 1.0, part 2

Paul Ishenin webpirat at mail.ru
Sun Nov 29 06:52:56 CET 2009

Tom Lisjac wrote:
> I don't think a case can be made that the project isn't ready for
> 1.0... after 10 years of development and it's current, impressive
> state, of course it is. The next steps are to actively discuss the
> finer points of what "ready" is and to set a definite goal to achieve
> it. As I see it, this will involve a feature set freeze, establishing
> bug thresholds *and* making a reasonably sincere commitment to not
> break compatibility at the source level past the version 1.0 release
> that will hopefully be shared by the FPC team.

My list of things to be fixed for 1.0 is the next:

- frames feature was first released in 0.9.28 but it had many
unimplemented/wrong implemented parts. during the last month we have
fixed/implemented much there. so the feature is only almost ready now
and it still requires a week of development to be finished.
- docking. many parts of this features are in the experimental state
- LCL. it has bugs. I think this part does not needs to be extended with
the new features but we need to fix most of the bugs we have in the
tracker. who needs a component library with bugs?

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.