[Lazarus] Release 1.0, part 2

Samuel Herzog sam_herzog at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 29 10:05:33 CET 2009

Hi,
here my comments about this:

Lazarus uses a "BugTracker"-driven release/version cycle.
So the people who have rights to priorize the bugs actually decide about this.

I think this is OK.
But to get closer to a version 1.0 the handling of the bug-reports should be changed a little.

If I look at the remaining 44 Open Points of 0.9.30 then I suggest the following:

A) bugs without a simple test-project to reproduce the problem should be moved to next version.

B) bugs which are not reproducable should be moved to next version e.g. "modal form is sometimes buggy"

C) feature requests should be moved to the next version. e.g. "Combine the Find dialog and Find in Files dialog to a single dialog"

And if we one day really want to have a version 1.0, then we need to agree first on a feature freeze.

Happy coding to all of you.

Sam