[Lazarus] Release 1.0, part 2

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Nov 29 10:52:01 CET 2009

Paul Ishenin schrieb:

> My list of things to be fixed for 1.0 is the next:
>
> - docking. many parts of this features are in the experimental state

The experiments are restricted to bypassing the Delphi-inherited
problems. Where could we be today, almost one year after I started
working on docking, if I had been allowed to erased all the flaws of
that crappy Windows centric model...

IMO we should allow for different dragging models, so that the Delphi
compatible implementation can be reverted to how it works in Delphi, and
we can start developing new models for multi-platform use, based on the
built-in capabilities of the widgetsets.

DoDi