[Lazarus] Release 1.0, part 2

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Sun Nov 29 16:09:22 CET 2009

On Sunday 29 November 2009 15:21, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> 2009/11/29 zeljko <zeljko at holobit.net>:
> > You misunderstood my point.
>
> My apologies then. :)
>
> > As already Vincent pointed: at the moment we need developers not users.
>
> A developer is a user. So if you don't want users, you ain't going to
> have developers. With more users comes a better chance of getting
> developers. As soon as users get confident with a product that might
> start experimenting or fixing minor bugs.
>
> Any contribution, big or small should be wanted. Not everybody has the
> skill to implements new widgetset, but many do have the skills to fix
> other issues.

That's true, but as I already mentioned we need gtk2 maintainer - person who
should spend more than one hour monthly / quarterly over gtk2. That's
different between maintainer and contributor.
Users and contributions are always welcome, and of course I would like that
lazarus have x1000 times more users, but our problems still exists - gtk2 is
blocking us at the moment.If we wait gtk2 fixes over small contributions,
then 1.0 can be reached in the time of gtk 5.0 :)

zeljko