[Lazarus] Release 1.0, part 2

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl
Sun Nov 29 19:19:54 CET 2009

Samuel Herzog schreef:
> If I look at the remaining 44 Open Points of 0.9.30 then I suggest the
> following:
>
> A) bugs without a simple test-project to reproduce the problem should be
> moved to next version.

Which reports do you have in mind?

> B) bugs which are not reproducable should be moved to next version e.g.
> "modal form is sometimes buggy"

This issue got a 0.9.28 target, when it was submitted, because it is
considered a regression against 0.9.26. We want each release as good as
the previous release and want to prevent things to stop working in a new
release as much as possible.  We tried to fix it, but didn't find a fix
in the couple of weeks before the 0.9.28, so to prevent the release from
delaying even more, we postponed the issue to 0.9.30 (against our policy
of no known regressions in a new release). One of the things that helped
to make this decision was that the issue was gtk1 and we were releasing
for gtk2.

> C) feature requests should be moved to the next version. e.g. "Combine
> the Find dialog and Find in Files dialog to a single dialog"

The reason, why this got 0.9.30, because we got a patch for it. To be
responsive to the patch submitter, we have a policy to tag it for the
next release. If this patch is not good enough, it will be rejected, it
will turn in a feature request with no specific target (or post 1.0
target). So, this won't block 0.9.30, but still needs to be reviewed
before 0.9.30, to prevent good patches laying in the bug tracker for years.

Thanks for your suggestions,
Vincent