[Lazarus] New Help System & Viewer - sneak preview

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 11:34:45 CEST 2009

2009/10/1 Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>:

> You plan to convert the FPC docs each time something is changed ?
> I hope you have a latex->something converter program :-)

That would be stating the obvious. ;-)  The new help format is a
hybrid INF format (from OS/2 INF help files). INF is an excellent
format with many build-in features. I'm adding a few customizations of
my own to bring it into the 21st century. The FP Text IDE was a great
source of information regarding various help file formats.

Conversion from latex would be the first external format I support.
MediaWiki importing will probably follow after that. I am also going
to supply patches for 'fpdoc'. The current IPF output (uncompiled INF
format) from fpdoc looks pretty horrible - a lot of space for
improvement there.  :-)

  - Graeme -