[Lazarus] properties (delphi does it wrong too) [Re: debugger feature request created]

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 14:57:10 CEST 2009

2009/10/2 Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de>:
> My view is, that once such a feature has been done/contributed, it should be
> disabled by default, but when you attempt to evaluate a property, you can be
> asked (with propper warnings) if you want to enable it.

That would be sufficient I think. They main thing should be that the
behaviour is user selectable. If the default setting is off, it is no
effort to simply tick one checkbox and have en enabled for all future
development.

> themself). This is the concept of contribution. How many people would spent
> there free time to it, if it would mean that some-one else acts as their
> boss, telling them what to do?

I fully agree with that. In I apologize if I came of harsh in some of
my postings. Sometimes I get a bit frustrated with my PC when it
doesn't do what I want. :-)

  - Graeme -