[Lazarus] TAChart - OnDrawReticule event problem

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 01:31:45 CEST 2009

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 09:33, Pierre <dpliste at free.fr> wrote:
> I made the test with the line. It works :-)
> Do you know why it's not implemented in area type?

No particular reason -- just nobody requested it.
Implemented in r22011-22012

> I was also thinking to create my own type based on the area type but without the vertical line from the point to YMin (to draw the polygon without the border) but without this event it's not very interesting for me.

You can already set AreaLinePen.Style to psClear.
This, however, will disable the border around the area series as well
as vertical lines between segments.
If you want to disable the latter while preserving the former, you
will indeed have
to either change the drawing procedure or create your own series.
I think this is a reasonable feature, so if you provide a patch that
adds "DrawVerticalLines" property to TAreaSeries and changes
TAreaSeries.Draw accordingly,
I shall gladly take it ;-)

--
Alexander S. Klenin