[Lazarus] 0.9.29 - Nice job

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Tue Oct 6 21:41:30 CEST 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-06 at 09:28 -0400, Lee Jenkins wrote:
> Lee Jenkins wrote:
> >
> > Wasn't some work done recently to add FastCGI to lazarus?  If so, which
> > version must I have, trunk?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > --
>
> I've been looking around and I see definitions for FCGI in weblazideintf.pp but
> I'm not quite sure what I need to get it.  I see the following:
>
> {$IFNDEF VER2_0}{$IFNDEF VER2_2}
>    {$DEFINE HasFastCGISupport}
> {$ENDIF VER2_0}{$ENDIF VER2_2}
>
> What other version of FPC is there?  I was under the impression that 2.2X was
> all there was right now.

There are also the 2.3.1 and at the moment even 2.5.1 development
versions.

> How can I get FastCGI Support in Lazarus?  I can't use simple CGI since I need
> persistent state information and I most importantly, It would seem to me that
> FastCGI would be easy to debug as well.

Use a svn or snapshot version from fpc. Debugging with FCGI could be a
little bit easier, but the easiest is to use the embedded webserver.
I've posted this two months or so to this list.

I'll see if I can send a new update for it.

Joost