[Lazarus] Lazarus 0.9.28 released

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Oct 12 22:16:04 CEST 2009

Zitat von Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl>:

> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 12:42:52PM +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>> 2009/10/12 Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl>:
>> >
>> > Btw, do not forget to test lview on Windows. Kchmviewer was horrible slow
>> > there (compared to the same version on fedora core), and I suspect the
>> > commctrl treeview widget, which is a known bottleneck, also in Delphi
>> > circles.
>>
>> But that shouldn't make a difference to his timing results published?
>> His test application did not use any GUI components, so timing results
>> should stay the same on whatever platform is used.
>
> True, but not factoring in treeview slowliness would make that a pretty
> useless timing.
>
> But I actually hoped to provoke some response from sb more knowledgable in
> Lazarus about the state of the win32 treeview widget :-)
>
> And it seems it is ok.

The lazarus TTreeView is custom drawn and you can add about 100.000
nodes per second. The main work is the measurement of the width/height
of each node, which is needed for the scrollbars.
So far I only tested trees with about 300.000 nodes and speed was ok.
Just make sure you use BeginUpdate/EndUpdate.
For bigger trees you should consider adding/deleting the nodes on
expand/collapse.

Mattias