[Lazarus] Lazarus 0.9.28 released

David Emerson dle3ab at angelbase.com
Wed Oct 14 01:33:38 CEST 2009

The new lazarus is really nice! I love the grouped undos, among many
other things. Great job, guys.

Waldo: the way you update is going to depend on your system.

I use linux, so I just download the new package and install it as I
would install any new package, and the package manager (dpkg) takes
care of removing the old version for me.

Though I am not 100% certain, I know a lot of work has gone into the
windows installer, so there's a good chance that you could just run
that, and it will take care of uninstalling the old version for you.

I would assume the same for mac, but again, I really don't know for
sure.

One thing I will say is that if there was some kind of problem doing
this -- just installing the new version when an old version exists -- I
would have expected to see some mention of it in the "known issues"
sections of Mattias's message.

~David.