[Lazarus] How to determine the file extension to use

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Sat Oct 24 21:24:04 CEST 2009

Vincent Snijders wrote:
> waldo kitty schreef:
>>>
>>> And that is why there is
>>> http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/docs/lcl/fileutil/fileisexecutable.html
>>>

>> hummm... and that works on all platforms? not just *nix? i wonder if
>> it, too, looks at the file's extension on non-*nix platforms? ;)
>>

> No need to wonder, if you actually read the link above.

i have read it and the source in the .inc file as well... it indicates that, on
the windows platform, a call like FileIsExecutable("foo.txt") would return true
if "foo.txt" exists in the current directory... but this is incorrect because a
.txt file is not executable :? and what if "foo.txt" is a directory? :?

no matter... at least there is something there to try to determine this
functionality... i'll dig thru my source code archives and see if i can locate
something with a li'l more meat on it's bones that i can offer for contribution ;)