[Lazarus] Code navigation in Lazarus 0.9.28

Mattias Gärtner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Oct 26 12:46:19 CET 2009

Zitat von Henry Vermaak <henry.vermaak at gmail.com>:

> 2009/10/26 Juha Manninen <juha.manninen at phnet.fi>:
>> Hi.
>>
>> Lazarus is getting impressive! Good.
>>
>> The code navigation feature is nice but is not fully implemented.
>> There are no
>> back arrows taking you back to the previous code location.
>> So, when you Ctrl-Click on a method name the editor jumps to the method's
>> definition if its source code is available. However I didn't find a
>> way to get
>> back to the original location.
>> Delphi has 2 arrow buttons (back and forth like in web browser) for
>> it and it
>> works just beautifully.
>>
>> Is this problem acknowledged? Should I make a bug report or something?
>> I guess it would be easy to implement.
>
> You can press ctrl-h to go back, too me bloody ages to find this out :-\

That's strange, because it is not hidden:

It is in the menu: Search / Jump Back.
AFAIK windows, gtk, qt and carbon are showing the short cut.

It is documented in the lazarus tutorial and the lazarus ide tools.

> You can see all the key mappings under Environment->Options.

About the two arrows:
The Delphi buttons are on the tabs. This is not possible under all
widgetsets (at least not easily).
You can install the package 'editortoolbar', which adds a configurable
toolbar in the source editor. Then you add the 'Jump Back/Jump
forward' menu items to the bar.

Mattias