[Lazarus] Form to front

SteveG steveg at nevets.com.au
Sat Oct 31 12:40:14 CET 2009

On Friday 30 October 2009 17:28:46 Martin Schreiber wrote:
> On Thursday 29 October 2009 16:51:40 SteveG wrote:
> > Would anybody know how to ensure a Laz form is brought to top, even if
> > Laz app doesnt currently have focus ?
> >
> > eg - an alert msg/form to be forced to top/front every x seconds until
> > acknowledged. Needs to be brought to top/front again even if user clicks
> > on window behind and covers it.
> >
> > An external app (console run) would do if no code is known.
> >
> > Using Kubuntu 9.04 -
>
> Switch off focus steeling prevention.

This does indeed work (thank you).

Now just to push a little harder, it would be nice if I could find how to bring
my form to the top (therefore visible above all others), but not necessarily
steal the kybd entry focus until clicked on.

I believe in Windows this is accomplished with the 'StayOnTop' (or similar
from memory) - The form remains on top of all apps, not just my own